Friday, November 19, 2010

Brad's Second Commission


This is the second commision painting that I did for my cousin Brad. Brad and I were talking one day and he has a art collection that he adds to constantly. He has a few criteria to his collection. The first being a water theme and the second being that he has to know and or preferably met the artist or the artist is still alive. He said he would like a painting with the water theme included also a still life would be ok but not in the traditional still life sense. That started me thinking and I came up with the following painting. It is meant to be the morning after the night before where there may have been a party and the vase and the flowers were tipped over and water spilt. To me it means that although something so beautiful can be fragile as well and I came up with the name "Fallen Beauty." The roses came from my sisters rose garden including the large pink one which has a very intoxicating perfume that was lovely to paint by. Enjoyed doing the reflections in this one.

SOLD

No comments:

Post a Comment