Friday, November 19, 2010

Brad's First Commission


This was the first of two commisions that I did for my cousin Brad. He is an architect and was project manager for the new Aldi Store in Toronto. This was a painting as a thankyou gift for the owner of the property. My cousin asked me to bring in elements that would be familiar to the recipient of the painting. The roses that the owner likes to grown where given to my cousins wife. They were then brought over for me to photograph for the painting and then to enjoy their intoxicating perfume. Just wonderful!!! The book is of the family history of the owners of the land and the wine was grown and made by the owner himself. The painting was given to the owner at a dinner after the official opening and as you can see by the photo below that the recipient was ecstatic and very moved by the work. A big challenge and one of my biggest paintings to date. It is the first of my paintings in oils a medium that I am enjoying very much.

SOLD

The owner of the new Aldi Store site in Toronto receiving his painting from my cousin Brad.

No comments:

Post a Comment